Here are 6 affirmations for anger to remind yourself of each time you start to feel that anger bubbling deep from beneath the surface rather than continuing to shove the anger down unacknowledged.
- My anger wants to be known. My anger is here to help me grow and learn from my past. My anger is here with a message that will help me gain wisdom in my life.
- I give myself permission to feel anger. I know that experiencing the full range of emotions is a gift that will allow me to know myself more deeply and to acquire greater depth in my relationships so that I may gain understanding and clarity.
- I give myself the gift of forgiveness for my angry feelings. I will allow my feelings to happen because I know that it is important for me to validate myself. Even if no one else has acknowledged whatever took place to cause my anger, I am worth the gift of presence and facing the truth.
- I give myself the gift of self-awareness. I can learn from what happened and make improvements to my life so that whatever it is that has caused me pain and suffering cannot hurt me again.
- I give myself permission to face the pain of my past so that I can fully immerse myself in my own emotions. In doing so, I promise to respect and accept myself as a person, and empathize with others so that no harm will come to myself or another as I release these feelings in a healthy, private and therapeutic way.
- I give myself permission to have a private confrontation with my anger, to gently and safely approach whatever it is that I may be holding onto so that I can release it and set myself and my soul free.